The Immigration and Nationality Act

The United States of America’s Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) is the cornerstone of American immigration law. Visa types are commonly referred to by letters and numbers, for example EB-5, B-1, or L-2; these are all abbreviations for a specific reference to the INA. Knowing which of the abbreviations, or rather which visa type, applies to your specific circumstance is one of the first steps in the process of obtaining a visa for the United States.

The two main categories of visas are immigrant visas for those who wish to move to and stay in the United States and non-immigrant visas for those who intent their stay in the US to be temporary.

A longstanding member of the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (AILA), we are available to consult you at no obligation regarding the type of visa that may be applicable to your situation.

Contact Us


Contact us for more information.